improve your English everyday
People would not expect women and men to have equal rights in a developing country like China.
We all know that having gender equality will make the world a better place.
Women are not inferior to men and we have to end gender inequality!
Watch the video below and hopefully it will inspire you to think a little differently.
在中国这样的发展中国家,人们不会期望女性和男性会拥有真正平等的权利。
我们都知道实现性别平等会让世界变得更美好。
女性不比男性要劣等,我们要结束性别不平等!
观看下面这个视频,希望它能启发你不一样的思考。
Hurdles 障碍
Women and girls have always faced hurdles, but that's never stopped us!
妇女和女孩一直以来都遇到障碍,但这些从来不能阻止我们!
We've sacrificed, fought, campaigned, succeeded, been knocked back and succeeded again.
我们经历了牺牲,斗争,参加运动,成功,被击退,然后再次成功。
In a race for justice, we've lept over countless obstacles to win our rights.
在一场正义之战中,我们越过了无数困难才赢得我们的权利。
Women didn't have the right to vote, were excluded from education, were not paid fairly for their work, and had no voice in political leadership, even the first Olympics games didn't include women, that was then!
女性以前没有权利选举,不能够接受教育,劳动得不到公平的报酬,在政治领导层中没有话语权,甚至在第一届奥林匹克运动会中都被排除在外,但那都是过去了!
1893, New Zealand gives women voting rights, 192 countries have followed.
1893年,新西兰给予了女性选举权,192个国家紧随其后。
1963, America passes the first Equal Pay Act, 60 countries have followed.
1963年,美国通过了同工同酬法案,60个国家紧随其后。
97 countries now have more women then men at university.
如今在97个国家中,大学中的女性的数量已经多过了男性。
In Rwanda, over 50% of parliamentarians are now women, and 21 countries have female heads of states of government.
在卢旺达(非洲国家),有超过50%的国会议员都是女性,而且世界上有21个国家的政府首脑是女性。
There are many huge and high hurdles left to jump.
还有许多巨大且极高的栅栏等着我们去越过。
The race is still on every day of every year of our lives, but we will cross the finishing line, no one can stop us!
这场比赛在我们生命里的每一年,每一天中进行着,但我们一定会越过终点线,没有人能阻止我们!
Equality, now!
性别平等,现在开始!
Share this article if you agree that we need equality now!
如果你同意我们需要平等就分享这篇文章!