20个为你加分的常见英文习语

20个为你加分的常见英文习语

西安创艺教育 日韩女星 2017-03-09 14:40:51 191

1.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。

  You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

  你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!

2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。

  Brady's surprise party is going to be great if you don't let the cat out of the bag.

  如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!

3.Let the chips fall where they may:

让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。

   I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

  不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。

4.Lose your marbles:变得疯狂。

   Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!

  我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!

5.Once in a blue moon: 罕见的。

   In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

  在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。

6.Plain as day: 显而易见的。

   It's plain as day that you're in love with her, so just admit it.

  显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。

7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。

   I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

  我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!

8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。

  Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

  杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。

9.Pull yourself together: 

冷静下来;振作起来。

  Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

  振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。

10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。

  She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

  她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。


11.Sleep on it: 在做决定前先考虑一会。

  Don't tell me whether you'll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.

  今天先不要告诉我你会不会跟我一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。

12.Snug as a bug in a rug:

温暖舒适的;满足的。

 That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.

  那个小宝贝蜷缩在妈妈的身边,一副很舒服满足的样子。

13. Step up your game: 迎头赶上。

 Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!

  听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老师的课上得全A,就得奋起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!

14.Stick your nose into something: 干涉。

 Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.

  莎伦经常干涉别人的事。

15.Straight from the horse's mouth: 

来自最可靠的消息。

  Listen to the news straight from the horse's mouth; we're all getting bonuses this week!

  据最可靠的消息说,我们这周都会领到奖金啦!

16.Take it easy: 放松。

  I know you're not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.

  我知道你难受,今天试着放松一下吧。

17.Tip of the iceberg: 一个较大问题的显而易见的一小部分;冰山一角。

 The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she's also smuggling contraband into the country.

  卡莉和黑手党的人见面的事实只是冰山一角,她还参与向这个国家走私违禁品。

18.To not see the wood for the trees: 

一叶障目;只看到细节而未注意到最重要

   She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.

  她总是在一些鸡毛蒜皮的事上不肯罢休;就像看不到最重要的部分一样。

19.Up a creek without a paddle:

处于困境之中。

 If you don't have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you're up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.

  如果你没钱支付汽车的修理费的话,那就麻烦了,因为你休想要回你的车。

20.You rock!: 你真棒!

  Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.

  兄弟你真棒!谢谢你主动提出照顾我的蜥蜴一整周。

联系我们:029-89554102;13891437625;13679168798

地址:西安市雁塔区长鸣路39号,南三环与长鸣路交汇处,陕西科技技术学院校内

取消

感谢您的支持鼓励,我会继续努力的!

文章地址:

用户邮箱:

打赏金额:USDT

点击”去打赏“,即可进行打赏支持本文章哦

发表评论